Read Today’s Rhapsody of Realities June 15 2023 Written by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
Today’s Topic is:BANISH ANGER
- The key takeaway from today’s devotional is the detrimental impact of anger on one’s spiritual and physical well-being. It emphasizes the need to completely eradicate anger from one’s life, rather than merely suppressing it. The scripture encourages believers to seek the help of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God in dealing with anger, and to live a life guided by the Word of God. This key takeaway emphasizes the importance of maintaining a peaceful and anger-free life for spiritual growth and physical well-being, a principle that aligns with the teachings of the Bible.
Today’s Message For Rhapsody of Realities
Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go (Proverbs 22:24).
There’re many things that could deface one’s beauty in the spirit; one of them is anger. Our opening verse says, “Don’t hang out with angry people; don’t keep company with hotheads” (MSG). In other words avoid them. When God tells you to avoid something or someone, you better take it seriously.
You might say, ” I only get angry once in while”; no! Anger is a quick destroyer; avoid it! Don’t even try to “tame” it; banish it. If you’vebeen termed or described as someone who’s hotheaded and quick to anger, get before the Lord in prayer and ask the Holy Spirit to help you deal with anger. Then give yourself to the Word in meditation.
Read Yesterday’s Devotional
Don’t try to suppress anger, get rid of it. You may say to me, “Pastor Chris; I’ve always had anger in me since was much younger, and by following God all through the years, I’ve been able to suppress my anger with the Word. That’s wonderful, but God doesnt want you at that level. It’s not a matter of suppressing the anger with the Word, its a matter of not even allowing anger any space in your life.
Harbouring anger has resulted in some deadly ailments and unexplainable challenges in the health of many people. But tell you, if they’d eschew anger, they’ll be healthy. The Bible says anger dwells in the bosom of fools (Ecclesiastes 7:9). And in Psalm 107:17, who does the Bible say are afflicted? Fools! “Fools because of their transgression, and because of their iniquities, are afflicted.”
The scriptures are replete with verses that admonish us agalnst anger. In Psalm 37:8 (CEV), the Bible says, “Don’t be angry or furious. Anger can lead to sin.” Paul, in Ephesians 4:31 (AMPC) warns, “Let all bitterness and indignation and wrath (passion, rage, bad temper) and resentment (anger, animosity)..be banished from you.
In Colossians 3:8, he also tells us, “But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.” Banish anger from your life.
Dear Father, I eschew and purge from my heart all elements of anger, bitterness, rage or fury; anger has no place in me. delight myself in your Word and in doing your will always. The Word is in my heart, causing me to walk in righteousness and fulfil my destiny in you. I live by your Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
29 He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding: but he that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly.
24 Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go:
25 Lest thou learn his ways, and get a snare to thy soul.
31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
1- YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Acts 5:12-42 & 2 Chronicles 23-25
2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Luke 1:57-66 & Deuteronomv 13
About Rhapsody of Realities
Rhapsody of Realities 2023 Daily Devotional was written by Pastor Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (D.Sc., D.D. D.D). President of Loveworld Inc. aka Christ Embassy Int’l. If you have been blessed, please share your testimony by contacting us.
Posts you may be interested in
- Rhapsody of Realities PDF for this month is now available for Download. Get your copy Now
- The Scriptural Foundations of Rhapsody of Realities
- Rhapsody of Realities for the End Times: Navigating the Last Days with Faith and Confidence Part 1
- Language Editions of Rhapsody of Realities
- Inspiring Rhapsody of Realities Testimonies
- Get answers to your Frequently asked questions on Rhapsody of Realities.
- Why you should read this devotional every day
Keweno has been reading and distributing Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional since 2001.