Read Today’s Rhapsody Of Realities May 14 2023 written by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
TOPIC: DON’T HARBOUR RESENTMENT
Key Takeaways Rhapsody of Realities May 14 2023
- Avoidance of Resentment and Malice: The text emphasizes the importance of living without resentment or malice, akin to children who don’t harbour such feelings. By eschewing negative emotions like anger, wrath, and malice, we align with the spiritual teachings of the Bible (Ephesians 4:31, Colossians 3:8).
- Negative Outcomes of Resentment-based Actions: The scripture warns against actions driven by anger, resentment, and bitterness. Such actions, including starting ventures or establishments out of spite, are unlikely to receive God’s approval and can lead to harmful consequences (Matthew 23:27-28).
- Love as a Path to Mastery and Dominion: Walking in love, as opposed to harboring negative emotions, puts us in a state of mastery and dominion. Love is not self-seeking, resentful, or attentive to wrongs suffered, but rather embodies kindness, compassion, and understanding (Corinthians 13:5 AMPC).
Rhapsody Of Realities For Today Message
Pastor Chris is saying to us: Don’t Harbour Resentment and our opening scripture comes from the Book of Ephesians 4:31 (KJV) and it says:
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice
The Spirit says through Paul in 1 Corinthians 14:20 “In malice, be as children, but in understanding be men.'” Children don’t keep malice. They don’t harbour resentment; they have a pure and innocent mind. That shows how God wants us to live.
The same admonition He gave in our theme verse is repeated in Colossians 3:8. It says, “But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.” All these are listed together because they’re all related.
Resentment will prompt you to negative actions and filthy communication; therefore, eschew it. So many ventures today were started on the basis of resentment. Someone was angry about the way things were being done in a certain establishment and went on to start his own. Even some churches have been started that way too.
Read Yesterday’s Devotional
You can’t get God’s approval on a venture, enterprise or action that has anger, resentment and bitterness as it’s driving force.
The Lord Jesus alluded to this in Matthew 23:27-28 when He said, “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness. Ever so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity”
Harbouring resentment, bitterness, anger, hatred or jealousy eventually produces adverse effects in a person, because these negative forces lead people to unwholesome actions. Remember, we’re called to walk in love.When you walk in love, you’re a master; you’re in dominion.
The Bible says love isn’t self-seeking, touchy fretful or resentful. It takes no account of the evil done to it, neither does it pay attention to a suffered wrong (Corinthians 13:5 AMPC)
I refuse to allow resentment, hatred, jealousy, envy, bitterness, anger, strife, spite, ill will or baseness of any kind to take root in me. My heart is full of God’s love, kindness and compassion; and I express these lavishly everywhere and to everyone to the delight of the Father. Amen.
Proverbs 14:30 NLT
30 A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones.
1 Corinthians 13:3 CEV
3 What if I gave away all that I owned and let myself be burned alive?[a]I would gain nothing, unless I loved others.
15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;
Ephesians 4:31 AMPC
31 Let all bitterness and indignation and wrath (passion, rage, bad temper) and resentment (anger, animosity) and quarreling (brawling, clamor, contention) and slander (evil-speaking, abusive or blasphemous language) be banished from you, with all malice (spite, ill will, or baseness of any kind).
1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
John 6:60-71 & 1 Kings 12-14
2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Mark 10:13-22 & Numbers 17
About Rhapsody of Realities
Rhapsody of Realities 2023 Daily Devotional was written by Pastor Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (D.Sc., D.D. D.D). President of Loveworld Inc. aka Christ Embassy Int’l. If you have been blessed, please share your testimony by contacting us.
Posts you may be interested in
- Rhapsody of Realities PDF for this month is now available for Download. Get your copy Now
- The Scriptural Foundations of Rhapsody of Realities
- Rhapsody of Realities for the End Times: Navigating the Last Days with Faith and Confidence Part 1
- Language Editions of Rhapsody of Realities
- Inspiring Rhapsody of Realities Testimonies
- Get answers to your Frequently asked questions on Rhapsody of Realities.
- Why you should read this devotional every day
Keweno has been reading and distributing Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional since 2001.