Read Today’s Rhapsody of Realities June 3 2023 Written by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
Today’s Topic is: TESTIFY OF HIS DEATH
- The highlight from today’s devotional is the profound significance of Jesus Christ’s death and the importance of proclaiming it. As believers partake in the communion, they are not just engaging in a religious ritual but are actively declaring the Lord’s death, which is the foundation of the New Testament. This act symbolizes the cleansing and purifying power of Jesus’ blood, which was shed for the remission of sins. Furthermore, the death of Jesus Christ ratifies the New Testament, making believers associates of the God-kind and granting them access to a divine life of unending victory. This understanding should inspire believers to partake in the communion with a deep sense of reverence and gratitude, fully aware of the transformative power of Jesus’ sacrifice.
Today’s Message For Rhapsody of Realities
For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do As shew the Lord’s death till he come (1 Corinthians 11:26).
The synoptic Gospels, Matthew 26:26-28, Mark 14:22-24, and Luke 22:19-20 capture for us the words of Jesus the night He was betrayed. Luke 22:19-20 tells us, “And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.”
The Apostle Paul, by the Spirit, reiterated this in 1Corinthians 11:23-26, part of which we read in our theme scripture. Notice theunderlined word, “shew”, it’s the Greek, “kataggello,” which means to proclaim, declare, and make known. As often as you take communion, you’re announcing, proclaiming, declaring, and making known the Lord’s death. What’s the benefit of that?
Read Yesterday’s Devotional
First, understand the significance of His blood-which we will forever talk about-that He shed for us; that’s the blood that purges,cleanses and speaks for you when anything goes wrong. When we talk about “His blood,”‘ we’re actually referring to His death.
1 John 2:2 says “And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.” He made a new will- the New Testament in His blood. And a will is of no effect until the testator dies. So, we proclaim His death because we know God raised Him from the dead. But He died that we might live. His death is the ratification of the will or testament of Jesus Christ, the Seed of Abraham and Son of God.
Dear Father, I’m forever grateful for the blood of Jesus Christ that was shed for me, which purges, cleanses, and rids me of all unrighteousness. Thank you for Christ’s vicarious death in my behalf and by whose resurrection I’m now an associate of the God-kind ushered into the divine life of unending victory, in Jesus’ Name.
26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins
1 Corinthians 10:16
16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?!
1 Corinthians 11:26
26 For every time you eat this bread and drink this cup, you are representing and signifying and proclaiming the fact of the Lord’s death until He comes [again].
YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
John 18:1-27 & 1 Chronicles 11-13
2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Mark 14:53-65 & Deuteronomy 1
About Rhapsody of Realities
Rhapsody of Realities 2023 Daily Devotional was written by Pastor Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (D.Sc., D.D. D.D). President of Loveworld Inc. aka Christ Embassy Int’l. If you have been blessed, please share your testimony by contacting us.
Posts you may be interested in
- Rhapsody of Realities PDF for this month is now available for Download. Get your copy Now
- The Scriptural Foundations of Rhapsody of Realities
- Rhapsody of Realities for the End Times: Navigating the Last Days with Faith and Confidence Part 1
- Language Editions of Rhapsody of Realities
- Inspiring Rhapsody of Realities Testimonies
- Get answers to your Frequently asked questions on Rhapsody of Realities.
- Why you should read this devotional every day
Keweno has been reading and distributing Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional since 2001.